CARBON COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT #2
COVID Plan (Guidelines) for the opening of schools – Fall 2021
(APPROVED BY CCSD#2 Board of Trustees on 08.16.2021)
Covid procedures for CCSD#2 for the opening of schools - Fall 2021
1) We are not planning to mandate mask-wearing – although if parents want their students to wear a mask – it is certainly permissible.
2) We will continue to use spacing and cohorts for our students and campuses as much as possible.
3) We will continue to require frequent hand-washing for students while at school.
4) We request students follow the current federal regulations regarding school bus transportation.
5) We will continue with our enhanced cleaning procedures at all CCSD#2 facilities.
6) We have not received any mandates from Governor Gordon, the State Health Officer Dr. Harrist or Carbon County Public Health. If we should receive a mandate from any of these entities, the Carbon County School District #2 Board will meet to discuss – and thus these guidelines could change.
7) Quarantines will be handled in a similar manner as last year. Contact tracing will be done in all cases where a positive staff member or a positive student is reported to us. We will involve Carbon County Public Health. They have communicated to us that they will be flexible in their recommendations regarding quarantines.
8) As with all illnesses, if a student has any actual symptoms, they will not be allowed to attend school or school activities. If students are not exhibiting actual symptoms, but has had direct contact with a positive person - then we will discuss with parents regarding quarantines and CCPH recommendations regarding school attendance. If a student is vaccinated, they will not be required to quarantine due to direct contact.
9) Barring outbreaks within classes/grades, CCSD#2 plans to be as flexible as possible as we know the importance of students being in classes and involved in activities. However, our priority is keeping our students and staff as safe as possible.
Please continue to help us by keeping any student at home who is experiencing any Covid symptom until tested or until the symptom(s) resolve. Again – these guidelines are subject to change should any mandates/orders come from State authorities – i.e. the Governor or Legislature. As with any recommendations that may come, the administration and the Board will consider them and make decisions as they are received. Thanks for your cooperation and support!
Click here to view the CCSD#2 Board Meetings
Most Recent Meeting
BOCES Board Meeting: October 18, 2021; 2:45 p.m., Hanna Elementary School, Hanna WY
Regular Board Meeting: October 18, 2021; 4:00 p.m., Hanna Elementary School, Hanna WY
Agenda’s will be posted on Boarddocs the Thursday before the meeting.
CARBON COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT #2 TITLE IX Coordinator is ROBIN BROWN
She handles all Title IX questions and complaints (See Policy ACA)
Carbon County School District No. 2 was created in 1972 through the consolidation of school districts in the eastern half of Carbon County, Wyoming.
The District encompasses 4,000 square miles in southeastern Wyoming with the eastern border less than 100 miles from Cheyenne and the southern border beginning at the Colorado / Wyoming state line. Interstate 80 and the Union Pacific railroad bisects the District.
Schools are located in the communities of Elk Mountain, Encampment, Hanna, Medicine Bow and Saratoga. The District Administration Central Office is located in Saratoga, which is the largest of the five communities.
7:30 AM – 4:30 PM • Mon – Thu
8:00 AM – Noon • Fri
Closed • Sat – Sun